Friday, March 26, 2010

Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes


Martha says :"you will likely make these cupcakes again and again" .... and I agree! I decided to make these my next cupcake because I wanted to use up the rest of the LITRE of buttermilk I bought to make the brown sugar pound cake, and I'm so glad I did! PS- the buttermilk people should really consider packaging the buttermilk in 500ml instead of a litre...who's with me?!? LOL

These cupcakes were a breeze to make; I even ran out of unsalted butter so I just used salted instead and omitted the salt, and they turned out just fine (phew!) I topped these cupcakes with Martha's "Fluffy Vanilla Frosting" ...Literally the simplest and easiest frosting EVER!!!! and topped the whole thing off with classic sprinkles!!YUM!

SAYKS RATING:

Difficulty: *

Taste: **** (you can add ANY frosting to these classics)

Appearance: ****

Occasions: these are so versatile..so Anytime!!!!

Who ate them: I made them for my colleagues, but forgot them at home :( But my dad made an impromptu visit, and I was ready!!! ( the cupcakes were 3 days old and STILL delicious!)






2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle,
    I've never bothered with actually buying buttermilk for any of the recipes I've made. I just use the vinegar and milk trick...I'm sure there's a slight difference in taste but I haven't had anyone complain yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve heard of it but never tried it! I'm happy to hear that it works though!!! Thanks Kris!

    ReplyDelete