Sunday, March 14, 2010

Triple-Citrus Cupcakes


I love everything citrus, so I was really looking forward to making these scurvy fighting cupcakes! The recipe itself is pretty easy, but the one thing that jumped out at me was the 9 , that's right NINE eggs needed to complete the recipe! This made one dense batch of cupcakes!

Martha suggests dividing the glaze in 3 and flavouring them with each citrus used in the cupcake; lime, lemon and orange, so that's what I did. I think it was a good idea because A) it gave a little variety to the cupcakes, and B) it gave everyone an excuse to eat 3 cupcakes instead of just one!


SAYKS RATING:


Difficulty: *

Taste: ** (loved the flavour, but very dense, however the glaze did complement it)

Appearance: * (might have looked better if I had a real zester, but otherwise plain...)

Occasions: Brunch, showers, and afternoon tea

Who ate them: Brought some over as a house warming present to friends, and the rest we had for desert!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite was the lemon ones. I cheated and had two. My husband liked the orange ones. A neat idea for guests because they can choose the flavor they like best!

    ReplyDelete