Saturday, April 24, 2010

Roasted Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting

A friend of mine (L.H!) raved about these cupcakes, so I just had to try them for myself! The ingredients were few and simple so I thought it would easy to make at my mom's while I was visiting her for the weekend. I probably should have read all the steps first because between roasting the bananas, let them cool, sifting the dry ingredients, mixing the wet, blending them, whisking the egg whites and folding them in the batter...an hour later i was finally ready to put them in the oven!
I used silicon pans (that's all my mom had) and it worked pretty well, except i didn't use paper liners...i made both regular sized and experimented with mini cupcakes and they were delish!
the honey cinnamon frosting was AMAZING! Alternatively you could leave them naked (without frosting) and have roasted banana muffins!

Sayks Rating

Difficulty: **** (thought not 'difficult', there were a lot of steps)

Taste: ***** ( the honey-cinnamon frosting makes for a sophisticated cupcake)

Appearance: *** (I didn't have my icing tips with me)

Suggestions:( fresh bananas will turn black pretty quickly, so next time I'll use dried bananas for decoration)

Occasions: Luncheons, ladies card games ( my mom recommended that), on the go breakfast (specially without the frosting)

Who ate them: My family ate some and brought the rest to my granny-in law :) the mini's were a hit!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness I love this blog! It's been really inspiring to me! You make some awesome sounding and amazing looking stuff Mrs. Saykscakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was dropping by to post that it was about time you added another type of cupcake for me to drool over and saw that you already had!! The banana cupcakes look amazing and the frosting sounds delicious! I trust you used real cinnamon?? ;)

    ReplyDelete