Monday, April 19, 2010

Carrot Cupcake

If I see carrot cake with cream cheese frosting on a restaurant menu, there is no doubt about it...I'm ordering it! So I was really excited to finally make my own in a cupcake! Martha's recipe was generally easy... but the most tedious part ( and i mean TEDIOUS!) was grating the carrots. It took me about 30 minutes to grate 3 carrots...(maybe I need a new grater...or stronger arms lol)

I found this cake light, (both in texture and colour) as some carrot cakes can be pretty heavy! But I found this blended well with the richness of the cream cheese frosting.
I even left half of them naked (without frosting) and ate them as muffins in the morning!

Sayks Rating:

Difficulty: *** (mostly due to the carrot grating!lol)

Taste: **** (with and without frosting!)

Appearance: ** (loved the light colour, but simple)

Occasions: with icing; desert, brunch. Naked; breakfast!

3 comments:

  1. Deliciousness confirmed. Unlike my wife, I would NEVER order a carrot cake in a restaurant. However, I ate 3 with frosting and 4.5 without. My waistline grows with the success of SayksCakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a food processor? You can grate those babies in 5 seconds flat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My food processor!!! AH I didn't even think of it!!! "Bright Smile" you just saved my future with carrot cupcakes!!! :D Merci!!!

    ReplyDelete